Colin M. Johnson's Music and MIDI files
Computer Generated MIDI Operas
"Blue-Bell in Fairyland" (1902)
Music by Walter Slaughter (1860 - 1908)
Lyrics by Aubrey Hopwood
- No. 1 - Opening and Carol
- "Hour by hour the dying year tolls its solemn warning; hour by hour the new draws near..."
- No. 2 - Chorus of Flower Girls and Shoeblacks
- "It's Christmas time, it's Christmas time, the best in all the year..."
- No. 3 - Song - Blue-Bell
- "Night by night in dark December, while the wintry winds blow chill..."
- No. 4 - Trio - Will, Won't and Joplin
- "Now, what you think that he meant when he said, 'Tut-tut!' ..."
- No. 5 - Duet - Blue-Bell and Dicky
- "Suppose we try a music-hall, there's always lots of fun..."
- No. 6 - Quartette - Girls and Cats
- "Two little cats on the cold, cold leads - miaou, miaou, miaou..."
- No. 7 - Vocal Gavotte - Blue-Bell
- "Point your toe as you trip it lightly, raise your paw and smooth your fur..."
- No. 8 - Chorus of Fairies
- "Blue-bell, 'tis you whom the fairies have bidden; seek out the cave where the king lies asleep..."
- No. 9 - Vocal Polka
- "Brightly, brightly our party has now begun..."
- No. 10 - Song - Queen and Regent, with Chorus
- "A sense of humour is a thing that isn't wanted in a king..."
- No. 11 - Duet - Blib and Blob
- "That all that glitters is not gold, the copy-books instill..."
- No. 12 - Trio - Blue-Bell, Blib and Blob
- "I'm old Mother Hubbard who went to the cupboard to fetch the poor dog a bone..."
- No. 13 - Finale Act I
- "I'll ask the king if we may stay, I'm sure we shan't be turned away..."
Click here for a list of the characters.
This music is presented here in the belief that it is free from any current copyright restrictions relating either to the original author or to the composer. It is intended primarily for your listening entertainment and/or pleasure. If you wish to use any of it for other purposes, or know of any reason why it should not be included here in this form, please send me an email.
Back to my Front Page
Other Victorian/Edwardian Shows
My own music
Except where specifically noted, all MIDI files and stories on this web site are my own creations. You may not use any of them for any purpose without written permission from me. Copyright © 2005 Colin Johnson All Rights Reserved