Colin M. Johnson's Music and MIDI files
Computer Generated MIDI Operas
"Very Good Eddie" (1915)
Music by Jerome Kern (1885 - 1945)
Lyrics by Schuyler Greene and Herbert Reynolds
ACT I - Deck of the Hudson River boat, "The Catskill".
ACT II - Scene 1 - The Rip Van Winkle Inn - that evening.
- No. 7 - Opening Number
- "On the shore at Le Lei Wi, to the music of the sea, sang a man whose heart beat fast, a love like mine will last..."
- No. 8 - Song - Dick and Chorus
- "Some boys have plenty of spare time on hand; some boys have places to go. Some boys have plenty of girlies to land..."
- No. 9 - Scene - Madame Matroppo and Hotel Clerk
- "To make a modern problem play, three characters you take; the business man, neglected wife, ..."
- No. 10 - Song - Eddie Kettle
- "I'm a peaceful little person, but peace is sometimes worse'n all the wars combined that histories recall. ..."
- No. 11 - Duet - Elsie and Dick
- "Choosing girlies is somewhat amusing, somewhat confusing - some choose light ones and think they're the right ones..."
- No. 12 - Buffo Dance
- No. 13 - Duet - Eddie and Elsie
- "Little Lady, don't be depressed and blue, after all we're both in the same canoe. Have no fear; can't you see I'm here? ..."
- No. 14 - Intermezzo
ACT II - Scene 2 - The Rip Van Winkle Inn - the next morning.
- No. 19 - Song - Percy and Elsie
- "And now at last we're all alone ... Oh, do be careful, dear ... But are you not my ownest own? ... Still, someone may be near..."
Item no. 2 was composed by Mellor, Gifford and Godfrey. Item no. 7 was composed by Henry Kailimai and Jerome Kern.
Click here for a list of the characters and cast.
This music is presented here in the belief that it is free from any current copyright restrictions relating to the original lyricists or composer. It is intended primarily for your listening entertainment and/or pleasure. If you wish to use any of it for other purposes, or know of any reason why it should not be included here in this form, please send me an email.
Back to my Front Page
Other Victorian/Edwardian Shows
My own music
Except where specifically noted, all MIDI files and stories on this web site are my own creations. You may not use any of them for any purpose without written permission from me. Copyright © 2010 Colin Johnson All Rights Reserved