Colin M. Johnson's Music and MIDI files
Computer Generated MIDI Operas
"Kissing Time" (1920)
Music by Ivan Caryll (1861 - 1921)
Book by Guy Bolton and P. G. Wodehouse
Additional lyrics by Clifford Grey
ACT I - Garden of Georgette's Villa, Fontainebleau.
- No. 1 - Opening Chorus of Girls, with Capt. Wentworth
- "Here's another godson, girls, we found him in the street; he belongs to us. ... I won't make a fuss..."
- No. 2 - Song - Georgette and Chorus
- "Godmothers who are as young and fair as you must be circumspect, for now and then men will try to act like men..."
- No. 3 - Song - Bibi and Chorus
- "Ever since I owned a car, with the girls I'm popular; I have driven miles and miles, basking in their sunny smiles..."
- No. 4 - Trio - Georgette, Max and Bibi
- "When far from the din of the battle, our heroes come home for a rest, it's well understood that there's nothing too good..."
- No. 5 - Song - Lucienne and Chorus
- "Tho' weary and dreary life seems today, and tho' the man I love is far away, still near me to cheer me he seems to be..."
- No. 6 - Song - Max
- "You wouldn't call me fickle, I've too much sense of duty, but corn before the sickle is my attitude to beauty. I married rather early..."
- No. 7 - Quartette - Georgette, Colonel, Max and Bibi
- "So many, who have married unhappily, you meet, that when you see a couple so devoted, it's a treat..."
- No. 8 - Duet - Lucienne and Bibi
- "Love I fear is very complex, most find once they begin it. Men become just mere nervous wrecks - I know..."
- No. 9 - Finale Act I
- "I've just come back from Paris to spend a week at home; I wish I could arrange it never, never more to roam. We're like two little lovebirds..."
ACT II - Scene 1 - Garden of Georgette's Villa.
- No. 10 - Opening Chorus
- "Wouldn't you like us all to help you? ... What is he reading? Oh, look here! ... Somebody took my cookery book! ..."
- No. 11 - Trio - Georgette, Colonel and Max
- "Oh, how wonderful 'twould be, you must agree, if, when next I pay a visit, I should see half a dozen kiddies playing..."
- No. 12 - Song - Bibi
- "Gosh! women are the hardest propositions! You plead with them for hours and they don't care; they listen to the silv'ry voice of reason..."
- No. 13 - Duet - Lucienne and Max
- "Joan and Peter met one night and thought they'd take the floor. Peter thought her sweeter than any girl he'd met before..."
- No. 14 - Finale - Scene 1
- "Some day never forget I may marry you yet, I've not quite decided to surrender, but I will, provided you are tender..."
ACT II - Scene 2 - Outside the Café des Alliés.
- No. 15 - Song - Lucienne
- "Won't you tell me 'love' in your realm above, why you won't let us pass you by? We are bound to fall when we hear you call..."
ACT II - Scene 3 - Interior of Café des Alliés.
Song no. 17 was composed by W. Redstone.
Click here for a list of characters and original singers.
This music is presented here in the belief that it is free from any current copyright restrictions relating to either the original authors or the composer. It is intended primarily for your listening entertainment and/or pleasure. If you wish to use any of it for other purposes, or know of any reason why it should not be included here in this form, please send me an email.
Back to my Front Page
Other Victorian/Edwardian Shows
My own music
Except where specifically noted, all MIDI files and stories on this web site are my own creations. Please do not use any of them for any purpose without prior permission from me. Copyright © 2010 Colin Johnson All Rights Reserved