Colin M. Johnson's Music and MIDI files
Computer Generated MIDI Operas
"Lady Madcap" (1904)
Music by Paul A. Rubens (1875 - 1917)
Lyrics by Paul A. Rubens and Percy Greenbank
ACT I - Garden at Egbert Castle.
ACT II - Hall at Egbert Castle.
- No. 15 - Song - Gwenny
- "A riddle want to ask, so say if you can - it's not a easy task for woman or man..."
- No. 16 - Chorus of Page-Boys
- "We're pert little, plump little page-boys! What can we get you, pray? ..."
- No. 17 - Song - Betty
- "Once a young man loved a little maid, and this little maid had a little dog..." (five verses)
- No. 18 - Song - Susan
- "I don't know what to say or do, to prove that I am fond of you..."
- No. 19 - Song - Comte
- "There's a girl I simply dote on; she has no single flaw..." (four verses)
- No. 20 - Song - Susan and Chorus
- "Who is it that comes downstairs? ... The Missis, the missis..."
- No. 21 - "Leap Year" Octet
- "We have something we must say ... If it's polite, then tell us pray! ..."
- No. 22 - Song - Betty and Chorus
- "If I were a soldier, and heard war's alarms, I'd be very careful to be up in arms..."
- No. 23 - Song - Colonel and Chorus
- "In a kitchen stood a boot, and a beetle wandered near..."
- No. 24 - Duet - Comte and Smith
- "One night I met a dear little thing ... Oh, oui, je comprends ..."
- No. 25 - Finale Act II
- "See me in a scarlet uniform, as I go marching down the street..."
Item no. 1 was composed by Howard Talbot.
Click here for a list of characters and the original cast.
This music is presented here in the belief that it is free from any current copyright restrictions relating to either the original author or the composer. It is intended primarily for your listening entertainment and/or pleasure. If you wish to use any of it for other purposes, or know of any reason why it should not be included here in this form, please send me an email.
Back to my Front Page
Other Victorian/Edwardian Shows
My own music
Except where specifically noted, all MIDI files and stories on this web site are my own creations. You may not use any of them for any purpose without written permission from me. Copyright © 2006 Colin Johnson All Rights Reserved