Colin M. Johnson's Music and MIDI files
Computer Generated MIDI Operas
"His Honor, the Mayor" (1906)
Music by Julian Edwards (1855 - 1910) and Alfred E. Aarons
Book and Lyrics by Chas. J. Campbell and Ralph Skinner
ACT I - Courtyard of Hotel La Carte, Paris.
- No. 1 - Opening Chorus
- "We are all at the end of our string; more politely, the end of our tether..."
- No. 2 - Song - Marjorie and Chorus
- "Flow'rs, ever welcome off'ring to a maid, true love, or friendship's token..."
- No. 3 - Song - Daisy and Chorus
- "I'm a shy little thing, you can plainly see, I don't like attention bestowed om me..."
- No. 4 - Entrance of Todd
- "Now all prepare to do honor to the Mayor. We shall find him high and mighty when we meet him..."
- No. 5 - Song - Todd and Chorus
- "Golf is a game where young folks playing, over the hills and dales go straying..."
- No. 6 - Sextette - May, Daisy, Mrs. Vayne, Todd, Tom and Jack
- "We spend our wealth in search of health..."
- No. 7 - Song - Jack and Chorus
- "Mary Ann's lovely, she's just all right, not too slim, or too stout, but just neat..."
- No. 8 - Sunday Song - Pony Ballet and Chorus
- "I know one dear girl about twenty, and twenty more..."
- No. 9 - Finale Act I
- "What's the row? What's up now? Why such turmoil and such strife?..."
ACT II - The Isle of Margitsziget, on the Danube River between Buda and Pesth, Hungary.
Items 5, 8 and 13 were composed by Alfred E. Aarons.
Items 14 and 15 were composed jointly by Julian Edwards and Alfred E. Aarons.
Click here for a list of the main characters and original singers.
This music is presented here in the belief that it is free from any current copyright restrictions relating either to the original author or to the composer. It is intended primarily for your listening entertainment and/or pleasure. If you wish to use any of it for other purposes, or know of any reason why it should not be included here in this form, please send me an email.
Back to my Front Page
Other Victorian/Edwardian Shows
My own music
Except where specifically noted, all MIDI files and stories on this web site are my own creations. You may not use any of them for any purpose without written permission from me. Copyright © 2008 Colin Johnson All Rights Reserved