Colin M. Johnson's Music and MIDI files
Computer Generated MIDI Operas
"Morocco Bound" (1893)
Music by Frank Osmond Carr (1858 - 1916)
Lyrics by Adrian Ross
ACT I - Mokeleigh Hall, an English stately home.
- No. 1 - Opening Chorus
- "England is diversified by eligible mansions..."
- No. 2 - Song - Musket
- "I've serv'd the boards of 'aughty lords..." (three verses)
- No. 3 - Duet - Maude & Lady Walkover
- "The latest social appetite, of course, you know..."
- No. 4 - Song - Ethel
- "When maidens fair in days of old..."
- No. 5 - Song - Spoofah
- "If I had cash to cut a dash, I'd run as straight as any..."
- No. 6 - Duet - Comtesse & Spoofah
- "In pastoral seclusion how happily we'll fare..."
- No. 7 - Chorus
- "Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah, hurrah for the Squire..."
- No. 8 - Song - Squire ("Honesty Jim")
- "I never 'ad friends for to foster, or give me a show at a stall..."
- No. 9 - Chorus and Solos - Vivian & Squire
- "Gladly greet our future master, welcome home our coming lord..."
- No. 10 - Song - Ethel
- "If I were a royal lady, and he were of low degree..."
- No. 11 - Trio and Dance - Spoofah, Squire & Josiah
- "The thought of ev'ry Englishman, who's not a Laboucherian..."
- No. 12 - Song - Vivian
- "Stars come out in the skies that darken, silent above..."
- No. 13 - Pas Seul
- No. 14 - Duet - Ethel & Vivian
- "There's a word, or possibly two..."
- No. 15 - Song - Spoofah & Chorus
- "I have stay'd for a time at each palace sublime..."
- No. 16 - Finale Act I
- "I'll tell you what I'll do..."
ACT II - The Palace of Spoofah Beh in Old Tangier, Morocco.
Please note that I found many obvious printing errors in this score, especially in the Finale. I have therefore taken the liberty of making what I consider to be appropriate adjustments where necessary.
Click here for a list of the characters and original cast.
This music is presented here in the belief that it is free from any current copyright restrictions relating to either the original author or the composer. It is intended primarily for your listening entertainment and/or pleasure. If you wish to use any of it for other purposes, or know of any reason why it should not be included here in this form, please send me an email.
Back to my Front Page
Other Victorian/Edwardian Shows
My own music
Except where specifically noted, all MIDI files and stories on this web site are my own creations. You may not use any of them for any purpose without written permission from me. Copyright © 2003 Colin Johnson All Rights Reserved