Colin M. Johnson's Music and MIDI files
Computer Generated MIDI Operas
"It Happened in Nordland" (1904)
Music by Victor Herbert (1859 - 1924)
Book and Lyrics by Glen MacDonough
PROLOGUE - The Railway Station at Kronenberg, Nordland.
ACT I - Promenade at Elsa Bad, Nordland.
- No. 1 - Opening Chorus
- "Now let 'Long Live the Queen' be our song; sing it loud, sing it clear, sing it strong..."
- No. 2 - Song - Prince George and Girls
- "Oh, she first appeared in Eden, did the woman in the case..."
- No. 3 - Song - Prince George and Chorus
- "When life seems gray, and dark the dawn, and you are blue..."
- No. 4 - Entrance and Song - Doctor Blotz and Chorus
- "Give ear, give ear, draw near, draw near..."
- No. 5 - Song and Dances - Baron Sparta and Girls
- "Slippery James was a crafty crook, at larceny most gifted..."
- No. 6 - Melodramatic Music
- No. 7 - Duet - Prince George and Parthenia
- "I know a craft that needs a crew, ere she can skim the rolling blue..."
- No. 8 - Finale Act I
- "As commanderess in chief, I shall first improve the manners of the men beneath our banners..."
ACT II - Terrace of Queen Elsa's Palace, Kronenberg - the next day.
Click here for a list of the characters and cast.
This music is presented here in the belief that it is free from any current copyright restrictions relating to the original lyricist or composer. It is intended primarily for your listening entertainment and/or pleasure. If you wish to use any of it for other purposes, or know of any reason why it should not be included here in this form, please send me an email.
Back to my Front Page
Other Victorian/Edwardian Shows
My own music
Except where specifically noted, all MIDI files and stories on this web site are my own creations. You may not use any of them for any purpose without written permission from me. Copyright © 2007 Colin Johnson All Rights Reserved