Colin M. Johnson's Music and MIDI files
Computer Generated MIDI Operas
Music by Edmond Audran (1840 - 1901)
English Adaptation by J. W. Norris
ACT I - The Seneschal's House at Perpignan, on the shore of the Mediterranean.
- No. 1 - Opening Chorus and Air - Marvejol
- "Just fancy what is said, Olivette's to be wed! ..."
- No. 1a - Tyrolienne Song - Olivette
- "The convent slept, all save I - I and the night wind low murm'ring by, full soft it sang..."
- No. 2 - Marine Madrigal - Merimac and others
- "You shall be a clipper built yacht, clean in the run and rakish and taut! ..."
- No. 2a - Chorus
- "See, our countess now is nearing, our countess honored and sublime..."
- No. 3 - Valse Song - The Countess
- "O heart! wherefore so light, tell me, wherefore so gay? ..."
- No. 4 - Song - The Countess
- "O woman's fickle, let me own, and constant but in treason; she's loyal to caprice alone..."
- No. 5 - Couplets - Duke
- "If in a state of exhilaration you came home and dimly saw two ladies waiting an explanation..."
- No. 6 - Serenade - Valentine
- "In quaint and mystic word, light and shade on the sward, love! are now intertwining..."
- No. 7 - Concerted Piece
- "Your partisans brave soldiers handle, and seize the author of this scandal! ..."
- No. 8 - Finale Act I
- "Speak, Sir Captain, you've our permission, though the nature of your petition we think we well know!"
ACT II - Ballroom of the Palace of Rousillon.
ACT III - Interior of the "Mainbrace Tavern". The "Cormorant" at Anchor.
Click here for a list of characters, and an outline of the story.
This music is presented here in the belief that it is free from any current copyright restrictions relating either to the original author or to the composer. It is intended primarily for your listening entertainment and/or pleasure. If you wish to use any of it for other purposes, or know of any reason why it should not be included here in this form, please send me an email.
Back to my Front Page
Other Victorian/Edwardian Shows
My own music
Except where specifically noted, all MIDI files and stories on this web site are my own creations. You may not use any of them for any purpose without written permission from me. Copyright © 2006 Colin Johnson All Rights Reserved