Colin M. Johnson's Music and MIDI files
Computer Generated MIDI Operas
"The Blue Paradise" (1915)
Music by Edmund Eysler, Sigmund Romberg and others
Lyrics by Herbert Reynolds and others
ACT I -
- No. 7 - Opening Chorus
- "We wish you the pleasantest of journeys, sir, wherever you go from here..."
- No. 8 - Duet and Dance - Rudy and Gaby
- "Where you are there and I am here, a world of distance lies between us two..."
- No. 9 - Quartet - Stoeger, Hampel, Rudy and Walther
- "Hallo, Justus! Hallo, Stoeger! Walther! Rudy! Hallo, Uncle! ..."
- No. 10 - Song - Gladys and Chorus
- "Let me begin by saying where I am staying - I want it, and get it, so let it warn you..."
- No. 11 - Duet - Stoeger and Gladys
- "Long ago I said I would never take a wife; I have no desire to spoil anybody's life..."
- No. 12 - Duet - Walther and Gladys
- "When I see a loving couple anywhere, I just want to go and whisper:- Have a care..."
- No. 13 - Ensemble - Stoeger and Chorus
- "Let me breathe the real Vienna air now; let me know that I am truly there now..."
ACT II -
Items 2, 5, 6, 7, 10, 12, 14 & 17 were composed by Sigmund Romberg.
Items 4, 8, 9, 11, 13, 18, 20 & 21 were composed by Edmund Eysler.
Items 3, 15 & 16 were composed by Leo Edwards.
Item 19 was written and composed by Cecil Lean.
This music is presented here in the belief that it is free from any current copyright restrictions relating either to the original author or to the composers. It is intended primarily for your listening entertainment and/or pleasure. If you wish to use any of it for other purposes, or know of any reason why it should not be included here in this form, please send me an email.
Back to my Front Page
Other Victorian/Edwardian Shows
My own music
Except where specifically noted, all MIDI files and stories on this web site are my own creations. You may not use any of them for any purpose without written permission from me. Copyright © 2005 Colin Johnson All Rights Reserved