Colin M. Johnson's Music and MIDI files
Synthesized MIDI Light Operas
Music by Leslie Stuart (1866 - 1928)
Lyrics by C. H. Bovill
ACT I - Lounge at the New Hotel, London.
- No. 1 - Opening Chorus
- "The New Hotel, the New Hotel, the fav'rite rendezvous, where all the men assemble when they've nothing else to do..."
- No. 2 - Song - Bendoyle
- "Boys, there is no denying life is a trifle trying! Why are the girls so fond of me? All shades and all complexions on me set..."
- No. 3 - Quartet - Polly, Didsbury, Diamond and Bendoyle
- "Two little bachelors feel they've found in two divinities their affinities. May we meet you tonight? ..."
- No. 4 - Entrance of Manicure Girls
- "Daily we are found neatly gowned and alluring, seated by a chair - over there - manicuring! We understand how a hand..."
- No. 5 - Song - Peggy
- "Just ten hours from London! London is so grey. One gets so weary of skies that are dreary and downcast ev'ry day! Over there is Friville."
- No. 6 - Operatic Duet - Peggy and Albert
- "Although I love you truly, yet if you had thousands yearly, I'm almost sure, my Juliet, I'd love you just as dearly..."
- No. 7 - Song - Auberon
- "I'm a light-hearted chap, and my fingers I snap at the things that make other men sorrow. When I'm right on the rocks..."
- No. 8 - Song - Doris and Chorus
- "Out West when we meet a man we'd like to catch if we can, we have a neat little plan which we use if he's a bit elusive..."
- No. 9 - Trio - Peggy, Auberon and Albert
- "Uncle Monty's made his pile, and now he's back in his native isle, he looks to you to help him spend it! ..."
- No. 10 - Finale Act I
- "Who is that person over there? With such an air, why, what an air he's got! He's making a sensation! On Peggy he seems very keen! "
ACT II - The Plage at Friville.
- No. 11 - Chorus
- "Oh, Friville, Friville, frivolous and gay! A whirl of joy for girl and boy who like a jolly holiday! The whole day through we saunter on the sands..."
- No. 12 - Trio - Doris, Peggy and Polly
- "We've run away, like three little rebels, out of reach ... Coast's clear! Nobody else is near! ... We are the only three..."
- No. 13 - Duet - Peggy and Auberon
- "I want to meet a man ... This is fair! ... Built on a special plan ... My design! ... One with a massive brain ... I know where..."
- No. 14 - Duet - Auberon and Albert
- "When I was at Oxford - Gaol - Beg pardon, Oxford Coll! I always used to do the slap-up thing! They considered me a 'blood',"
- No. 15 - Danse Fascination - Doris and Bendoyle
- No. 16 - Song - Polly and Chorus
- "I'm always waiting here when it's near the time the girls are tripping out of school. There's someone rather sweet whom I meet."
- No. 17 - Song - Peggy
- "Ladies, beware, when with someone nice you sup at a table for two! Soft is the music above, gently he whispers of love! ..."
- No. 18 - Sextet
- "Now to find some woman copies all your frocks and will not stop is irritating, as you know; and your heart she next engages by revealing..."
- Nos. 19 & 20 - Concerted Number and Duet - Doris and Albert
- "Come, lads and lasses, all! ..." and "Pierrette was a model, for since she could toddle..."
- No. 21 - Finale Act II
- "Oh, Uncle Monty! Uncle Monty! Ask him for whatever you want, he won't refuse to get you anything. He's so kind, is Uncle Monty! ..."
Extra song no. 22 was written and composed by Paul A. Rubens.
Extra songs nos. 23 and 24 were written by Arthur Wimperis and composed by Philip Braham.
Extra quartet no. 25 was written by Percy Greenbank and composed by Cecil Trent.
Click here for a list of the characters and original singers.
This music is presented here in the belief that it is free from any current copyright restrictions relating to either the original authors or the composers. It is intended primarily for your listening entertainment and/or pleasure. If you wish to use any of it for other purposes, or know of any reason why it should not be included here in this form, please send me an email.
Back to my Front Page
Other Victorian/Edwardian Shows
My own music
Except where specifically noted, all MIDI files and stories on this web site are my own creations. Please don't use any of them for any purpose without my permission. Copyright © 2012 Colin Johnson All Rights Reserved