Colin M. Johnson's Music and MIDI files
Computer Generated MIDI Operas
"Mr. Pickwick" (1903)
Music by Manuel Klein (1876 - 1919)
Lyrics by Grant Stewart
ACT I - Dingley Dell Arms.
- No. 1 - Opening Chorus
- "We gather at the Dingley Dell Arms to tell about the country's charms..."
- No. 2 - "Golden Rules" - Jingle
- "Child at school -- copy book -- way that he should go..." (words spoken, not sung)
- No. 3 - Duet - Arabella & Polly
- "When a maiden's all a-flutter, come and go the frequent blushes..."
- No. 4 - Trio - Polly, Weller & Sam
- "Please tell me what is gratitude and where it can be found..."
- No. 5 - Entrance, and Song - Pickwick & Chorus
- "What's the latest news from town?" & "Now a club to be successful..."
- No. 6 - Quintet - Pickwick, Arabella, Winkle, Snodgrass, Tupman & Chorus
- "To ascertain the knowledge of the college..."
- No. 7 - Quartet - Arabella, Polly, Pickwick, Snodgrass & Chorus
- "Some years ago a little bird as censor posed on men..."
- No. 8 - Octet - Mrs. Bardell, Liza, Sally, Sue, Pickwick, Tupman, Snodgrass & Winkle
- "In spite of hate I bear to you..."
- No. 9 - Trio - Pickwick, Weller & Wardle
- "Now I maintain in this here land, which as we know's a free one..."
- No. 10 - Lullaby - Arabella & Chorus
- "When the red glow of the sunset has faded and gone..."
- No. 11 - Finale Act I
- "What's the matter, we're dead with fright at being disturbed at this hour of night! ..."
ACT II - Manor Farm.
Lyrics to songs:
You could also download a ZIP file containing the 19 vocal items in Midi Karaoke format. This would allow you to follow the lyrics, provided you install the necessary vanBasco's Karaoke Player which you may obtain free of charge from their website.
Click here for a list of the characters and original singers.
This music is presented here in the belief that it is free from any current copyright restrictions relating to the original lyricists or composers. It is intended primarily for your listening entertainment and/or pleasure. If you wish to use any of it for other purposes, or know of any reason why it should not be included here in this form, please send me an email.
Back to my Front Page
Other Victorian/Edwardian Shows
My own music
Except where specifically noted, all MIDI files and stories on this web site are my own creations. You may not use any of them for any purpose without written permission from me. Copyright © 2005 Colin Johnson All Rights Reserved