Colin M. Johnson's Music and MIDI files
Computer Generated MIDI Operas
"The Pink Lady" (1911)
Music by Ivan Caryll (1861-1921)
Lyrics by C. M. S. McLellan
ACT I - The Gardens of "Joli Coucou", a restaurant in the Forest of Compiegne, France.
- No. 1 - Opening Chorus
- "Here's a lady who but yesterday was no one, in a neighborhood that's famous as a slow one..."
- No. 2 - Song - Benevol & Chorus
- "Ev'rything I do, ev'rything I don't do, ev'rything I will, ev'rything I won't do..."
- No. 3 - Duet - Angele & Maurice
- "When love goes a-straying, oh, where does he go? ..."
- No. 4 - Duet - Bébe & Désirée, with Chorus
- "By the banks of the Seine, with the girls so beautiful..."
- No. 5 - Song - Claudine & Chorus
- "When Gustave proposed to me, he went down on bended knee..."
- No. 6 - Finale Act I
- "The game I hunt I never miss, and ere he's many hours older..."
ACT II - Interior of an Antique Shop in the Rue St. Honore, Paris.
- No. 7 - Opening Chorus & Solo - Crapotte
- "Oh, fortunate man who has taste and gold, for him is the art that is chaste..."
- No. 8 - Quartet - Claudine, Lucien Garidel, Dondidier & Crapotte
- "My name's Garidel, hers Claudine..."
- No. 9 - Concerted Number - La Comtesse, Mme. Dondidier, Lucien, Dondidier & Chorus
- "What's the matter..."
- No. 10 - The Kiss Waltz - Claudine
- "I have kisses in plenty, but, if you please, I give various kisses in diff'rent keys..."
- No. 11 - Duet - Angele & Dondidier
- "Oh, I'm a wicked, awful wicked man..."
- No. 12 - Quartet - Angele, Claudine, Lucien & Maurice
- "Since France was France, and man was man..."
- No. 13 - Finale Act II
- "Again a cry ... This time it's I ... What does it mean? ... See what I've seen! ..."
ACT III - Al Fresco Ball of the Nymphs and Satyrs, at the Tabarin, Paris.
Addendum (Act I)
Click here for a list of the main characters and original singers.
This music is presented here in the belief that it is free from any current copyright restrictions relating either to the original author or to the composer. It is intended primarily for your listening entertainment and/or pleasure. If you wish to use any of it for other purposes, or know of any reason why it should not be included here in this form, please send me an email.
Back to my Front Page
Other Victorian/Edwardian Shows
My own music
Except where specifically noted, all MIDI files and stories on this web site are my own creations. You may not use any of them for any purpose without written permission from me. Copyright © 2005 Colin Johnson All Rights Reserved