Colin M. Johnson's Music and MIDI files
Computer Generated MIDI Operas
"La Poupée" (1897)
Music by Edmond Audran (1840 - 1901)
English Libretto by Arthur Sturgess
ACT I - Scene 1 - The Monastery.
ACT I - Scene 2 - Hilarius's Workshop.
ACT II - Scene 1 - Chanterelle's Country House.
- No. 9a - Entr'acte
- No. 10 - Opening Chorus
- "Now we appear, neighbours and friends; news that we hear, none can disparage..."
- No. 11 - Duet - Chanterelle and Loremois
- "This wicked world I've wander'd round, 'mid pleasant scenes and others not..."
- No. 12 - Trio - Alesia, Chanterelle and Loremois
- "Ah! Lancelot is not yet here; perhaps 'tis Chanterelle I see..."
- No. 13 - Quartette - Chanterelle, Loremois, Lancelot and Hilarius
- "Though manners change, a girl so strange..."
- No. 14 - Duet - Lancelot and Alesia
- "Happy world, such maidens possessing if like to thee..."
- No. 15 - Ensemble
- "Here are the wedding guests, who come to see the bridegroom and the blushing bride..."
- No. 16 - Chorus
- "After them we go! Follow them, stop them in their flight! Bring them back ere fall of night! ..."
ACT II - Scene 2 - Another part of the Monastery.
Click here for a list of the characters and original singers.
This music is presented here in the belief that it is free from any current copyright restrictions relating either to the original author or to the composer. It is intended primarily for your listening entertainment and/or pleasure. If you wish to use any of it for other purposes, or know of any reason why it should not be included here in this form, please send me an email.
Back to my Front Page
Other Victorian/Edwardian Shows
My own music
Except where specifically noted, all MIDI files and stories on this web site are my own creations. You may not use any of them for any purpose without written permission from me. Copyright © 2005 Colin Johnson All Rights Reserved