Colin M. Johnson's Music and MIDI files
Computer Generated MIDI Operas
"Robin Hood" (1891)
Music by Reginald de Koven (1859 - 1920)
Lyrics by Harry B. Smith
ACT I - A Market-place in Nottingham.
ACT II - Sherwood Forest.
- No. 9 - Opening Chorus
- "Oh cheerily soundeth the hunter's horn, its clarion blast so fine..."
- No. 10 - Song of Brown October Ale - Little John and Chorus
- "And it's will ye quaff with me my lads ..."
- No. 10a - Additional Song - Allan-a-Dale
- "Oh promise me, that some day you and I will take our love together to some sky..."
- No. 11 - Tinkers' Song
- "'Tis merry, merry, merry, merry journeymen are we, all in the tink'ring line, Sirs..."
- No. 12 - Sextette - Robin Hood, Sir Guy, Sheriff, Little John, Friar Tuck and Will Scarlet
- "Oh, see the little lambkins play..."
- No. 13 - Forest Song - Marian
- "In greenwood fair all nature is at peace and rest..."
- No. 14 - Serenade, Duet and Scene - Robin and Marian
- "A Troubadour sang to his love, who looked from her casement..."
- No. 15 - Finale Act II
- "Let us put him in the stocks, in the stocks..."
ACT III - Courtyard of the Sheriff's Castle.
Click here for a list of the characters.
This music is presented here in the belief that it is free from any current copyright restrictions relating to the original lyricist or composer. It is intended primarily for your listening entertainment and/or pleasure. If you wish to use any of it for other purposes, or know of any reason why it should not be included here in this form, please send me an email.
Back to my Front Page
Other Victorian/Edwardian Shows
My own music
Except where specifically noted, all MIDI files and stories on this web site are my own creations. You may not use any of them for any purpose without written permission from me. Copyright © 2007 Colin Johnson All Rights Reserved