Colin M. Johnson's Music and MIDI files
Computer Generated MIDI Operas
"The School Girl" (1903)
Music by Leslie Stuart (1866 - 1928)
Lyrics by Chas. H. Taylor and others
ACT I - Scene 1 - The Convent Lawn.
ACT I - Scene 2 - The Open Stock Exchange.
ACT II - Edgar Verney's Studio.
- No. 12 - Opening Chorus
- "Étudiant des Beaux Arts, what though posterity may give unto your honour'd name..."
- No. 13 - Song - Mamie Reckfeller
- "Mamie, if you've nothing else to do, ma Mamie girl, I'm goin' to give an invitation..."
- No. 14 - Song - Lilian
- "Clytie is so unsophisticated; she has a modest smile, a drooping eye..."
- No. 15 - Duet - Lilian and Verney
- "Can't you see that I'm in love,and only wait till I can prove that I've been true? ..."
- No. 16 - Quartette
- "There's nothing like a wife, they say, for driving worries and cares away..."
- No. 16a - Tarantella, Valse and Cake Walk
- No. 17 - Song - Tubby
- "I've been in love since seventeen, of course that's nothing new..." (four verses)
- No. 18 - Song - Lilian
- "Our good Monsieur le Maire at a town that I come from in France was choosing out La Rosière..."
Click here for a list of the main characters and original singers.
This music is presented here in the belief that it is free from any current copyright restrictions relating to either the original authors or the composer. It is intended primarily for your listening entertainment and/or pleasure. If you wish to use any of it for other purposes, or know of any reason why it should not be included here in this form, please send me an email.
Back to my Front Page
Other Victorian/Edwardian Shows
My own music
Except where specifically noted, all MIDI files and stories on this web site are my own creations. You may not use any of them for any purpose without written permission from me. Copyright © 2006 Colin Johnson All Rights Reserved