Colin M. Johnson's Music and MIDI files
Computer Generated MIDI Operas
"The Spectre Knight" (1878)
Music by Alfred Cellier (1844 - 1891)
Lyrics by James Albery (1838 - 1889)
- No. 1 - Recit. - Chamberlain
- "Potatoes a pound and onions a rope..."
- No. 2 - Recit. - Duke and Chamberlain
- "What letters have you brought from the Palace?"
- No. 3 - Duo - Duke and Chamberlain
- "Your Grace, I am an eligible Count..."
- No. 4 - Quartett - Ladies in Waiting, Chamberlain and Duke
- "You may talk, you may talk, you may scold..."
- No. 5 - Song - Otho
- "Said Cupid to me, come hither to see..."
- No. 6 - Vocal Waltz - Princess
- "I am free, I am free, for my labour is done..."
- No. 7 - Recit. and Trio - Otho, Viola and 1st. Lady
- "Pardon me, madam, I've a word to say to this young lady..."
- No. 8 - Duett - Viola and Otho
- "The little goldfinch in her nest is but a homely bird at best..."
- No. 8(bis) - Replica of Duet
- "You should not be long alone..."
- No. 9 - Recit and Quartett - Viola, 1st. Lady, Chamberlain and Duke
- "Fill up, and let us drink to one another..."
- No. 10 - Round - Viola, 1st. Lady, Chamberlain and Duke
- "Too-whit, too-whoo, too-whoo, too-whit..."
- No. 10b - Melodrame
- No. 11 & 12 - Entrance and Song of the Spectre - Otho
- "I only mix with ghosts well known..."
- No. 13 - Scena - Viola, 1st. & 2nd. Lady, Chamberlain, Duke, Otho & Pages
- "I am here... close at hand... at your will..."
- No. 14 - Banquet Music
- No. 15 - Song - Viola
- "I have been taught that I should love my father and my friends..."
- No. 16 - Finale
- "He has come to our undoing..."
Please note that I found several obvious errors in this score, and where necessary I have taken the liberty of making what I consider to be appropriate amendments.
Click here for a list of the main characters and original singers.
This music is presented here in the belief that it is free from any current copyright restrictions relating to either the original author or the composer. It is intended primarily for your listening entertainment and/or pleasure. If you wish to use any of it for other purposes, or know of any reason why it should not be included here in this form, please send me an email.
Back to my Front Page
Other Victorian/Edwardian Shows
My own music
Except where specifically noted, all MIDI files and stories on this web site are my own creations. You may not use any of them for any purpose without written permission from me. Copyright © 2003 Colin Johnson All Rights Reserved