Colin M. Johnson's Music and MIDI files
Computer Generated MIDI Operas
"The Storks" (1902)
Music by Frederic Chapin (1873 - 1947)
Lyrics by Guy F. Steely
ACT I - Gardens of the Bungloo's Palace.
- No. 1 - Prelude and Opening Chorus, with solo - Violet
- "Roses dainty, roses fair, sparkling with the dew of morning..."
- No. 2 - Song - Slimguff and Chorus
- "I've discovered the fount of eternal youth, 'tis called Homeopathy..."
- No. 3 - Duet - Helen and Henrico
- "The whip-poor-will sings a plaintive song; his heart is bowed with grief..."
- No. 4 - Entrance of Bungloo in Portable Throne
- "Pleasant morning high and noble ruler excellent and kind..."
- No. 5 - Duet - Bungloo and Violet
- "Oh, a bachelor king is a singular thing, tho' bachelor kings there be..."
- No. 6 - Song - Malzadoc and Peddlers
- "We're a roving band of peddlers and our stores are on our backs..."
- No. 7 - Song and Chorus
- "Now Gertie was a modest little maid, but alas you couldn't make the people think so..."
- No. 8 - The Chewing Gum Song - Bungloo and Wise Men
- "Mary had a stick of gum, it was of rubber made..."
- No. 9 - Finale Act I, with Bungloo, Helen and Henrico
- "You've made a great mistake. Forbear, for pity's sake..."
ACT II - Scene 1 - A glade in the forest near the old ruin.
ACT II - Scene 2 - The Sorcerer's Banquet Hall in the old ruin.
Song no. 7 was written and composed by Richard F. Carle, and arranged by Frederic Chapin.
Note that several songs in the vocal score give no indication as to which character should perform them.
Click here for a list of the characters and original singers.
This music is presented here in the belief that it is free from any current copyright restrictions relating either to the original author or to the composer. It is intended primarily for your listening entertainment and/or pleasure. If you wish to use any of it for other purposes, or know of any reason why it should not be included here in this form, please send me an email.
Back to my Front Page
Other Victorian/Edwardian Shows
My own music
Except where specifically noted, all MIDI files and stories on this web site are my own creations. You may not use any of them for any purpose without written permission from me. Copyright © 2005 Colin Johnson All Rights Reserved